What Can you Do?
Regardless of the cause of your back injury or back pain, a physiotherapist at Kanata Orthopaedic Physiotherapy Clinic can help you get better in a variety of ways, such as:
- Teach you exercises to improve your abdominal and low back muscle strength, improve your core stability, and to stretch out tight back muscles
- Give you advice on making changes to your normal activities to prevent re-injuring or further irritating your back
- Advise you on an overall exercise program to make you more fit and strong in order to help you avoid injuring your back again
- Advise you on improving your posture, work positioning and ergonomics
Provide treatment with electric currents, ultrasound, heat, ice and acupuncture to help reduce inflammation and pain
- Perform manual, hands-on treatments to help loosen tight joints and muscles
- Manual or mechanical traction to reduce pressure on joints, discs and nerves
At Kanata Orthopaedic Physiotherapy Clinic our goal in treating your back pain is to get you back to your leisure, sports and working activities as soon as possible, and to get you on a program that you can continue independently to prevent re-injury.