- What are Custom Orthotics?
- Do shoes matter?
- Who needs Orthotics?
- What is a Chiropodist or Podiatrist?
- What services does a Chiropodist provide?
- Are Orthotics covered by my insurance?
Custom Orthotics are prescription medical foot supports made from taking moulds of your feet and performing a full biomechanical assessment of your feet, body and gait. They are designed to be inserted into your shoes to treat or prevent a variety of injuries. They also act to make your feet more efficient at walking, standing, running and sports.
At Kanata Orthopaedic Physiotherapy Clinic, our Chiropodist will:
- Evaluate your gait biomechanics
- Perform a physical examination of your feet and legs
- Examine your footwear for contributing factors to your pathology
- Make recommendations for treatment